The benefit of software encoders is that they are generally the most cost-effective and portable solution.
You will require software that is capable of connecting and streaming to your Live Streaming service.
For beginners, we recommend starting with OBS Studio.
OBS Studio with Wowza Streaming Engine
- Download and install OBS Studio from https://obsproject.com/
- Login to your control panel
- Select your Live Streaming service
- Open OBS Studio and configure an Input Source
- Select Settings and configure Output. In this example we will configure a 720p stream.
- Now configure Output Audio, we recommend Audio Bitrate of 96 (Kbps)
- Select Stream and enter the details from the MediaCP. You will need to check the “Use Authentication” for a Wowza Streaming Engine service. Click on the image below to enlarge.
- Press Apply and OK
- Press Start Streaming. You should see the green square and the kb/s appear at the bottom. You will also see “LIVE:” at the bottom and more information.
Note that the bitrate will vary by about 10% in both directions, so you should make sure to use a lower bitrate than the limit in your control panel. For example, if you’re limit is 2048 you should configure OBS with 1800 Kbps to be safe.